Thursday, October 1, 2015

Upcoming Demonstration and Student Show

The Ligonier Art Walk is coming up on November 7, 2015.  I will be having a Student Art Show for my private art students, ranging in age from 8 to 80.  I will also be doing an oil portrait demo starting at 4 pm on November 7 at the studio.  It is free and open to everyone.  I will start from scratch and go through at least one color layer and discuss portrait anatomy as well.  I will have a projector set up so everyone can get a good close look at what I am doing.  I will probably be working from a photograph and will discuss the limits of and changes that need to be made when working from photos.  I will also be flipping views on the projector to anatomy diagrams so we can have an in depth discussion of how the underlying anatomy of the head influences the portrait.



No comments:

Post a Comment